Cleaning in the workplace has never been more business critical. Across the country Covid-19 has meant businesses have had to completely reassess their cleaning processes and procedures, to keep their teams safe and comply with guidance from the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England.
14forty supports the delivery of a safe working environment by using standardised cleaning procedures in line with the British Institute of Cleaning Science methods, as well as ground-breaking cleaning agents.
What kinds of products do we use?
One innovative cleaning product we use is stabilised aqueous ozone from Tersano. Chemical-free, clear and odourless, Tersano is standard tap water infused with ozone which creates a powerful yet harmless cleaning product that eliminates dirt and kills up to 99.99% of harmful bacteria, microorganisms and viruses.
How does it work in practice?
- A simple treatment unit is installed.
- Ordinary, cold tap water enters the treatment cartridge and ions in the water are stabilised, extending its useful life from 15 minutes to 24 hours for sanitisation and up to six days for cleaning purposes.
- Inside the unit, oxygen from the air is safely turned into ozone and then infused into the ordinary tap water. Smart meters monitor that the water has been infused with the correct amount.
- Treated water is dispensed into spray bottles, buckets and cleaning machines for cleaning, sanitising and deodorising.
- The ozone is attracted to germs, stains and bacteria, quickly attacking and eliminating contaminants it comes into contact with.
- Following cleaning only pure oxygen and water remain, removing the need for harsh chemicals to achieve a safe and sanitary result
How do we monitor the effectiveness of Tersano Ozone?
To demonstrate the cleanliness of an environment, we conduct Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) swab testing, a complete tracking system for organic matter on all types of surfaces. This method provides digital confirmation of the sanitation of the surface tested, providing our clients with full confidence in our service delivery.
When using ATP swabbing and Tersano together, we first swab the area to gain a pre-clean reading. After applying the Tersano, we leave the product to dry before taking another swab to confirm that the cleaner has had the desired effect.
In one test, we split a desk into three sections, using Tersano on the first section, cleaning wipes on the second and a standard cleaner on the third. The ATP reading was by far the lowest on the area in which the Tersano had been used, providing a clear demonstration of its effectiveness. In another test, an entire office was split into two sections. Tersano was used on one half while standard cleaners were used on the other, with nine points tested to include: desks, cabinets, offices, doors, tea points and washrooms.
Regular swabbing over the course of a week saw the ATP readings for the Tersano section continually reduce and at a faster rate, with a zero score recorded within one day of cleaning compared with low levels for the standard cleaning after five days.
Numerous other studies have been undertaken to support the capability of Tersano to effectively reduce the presence of harmful bacteria and viruses. The following data (see below, testing sponsored by Tersano) demonstrates its effectiveness against some of the most common bacteria.
We use this data-led approach combined with the occupancy levels of buildings to inform our cleaning schedules and to revise and refine our processes. This ensures that resources are concentrated on the correct areas in the most beneficial time frames. We continually utilise the data from the readings to then make further recommendations and improvements, working together with clients to keep workplaces safe and clean.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of Tersano do not end at its remarkable sanitising capabilities. Further advantages when compared with regular cleaning products include:
- Improved safety for staff and clients - no harm will be caused if it is accidentally spilt or consumed
- Less water usage, reducing the risk of slips and falls
- A substantial financial saving in the usage of chemicals
- Reduced need for chemical storage space
- Less packaging waste produced through lower chemical usage
- Enhanced time efficiency due to fewer chemicals being required
- Surfaces are easier to clean and they remain cleaner for longer
- Layers of cleaning chemical residue left on surfaces are lifted leaving surfaces visibly brighter and cleaner
- The potential to extend the life of surfaces and consumables
- No harm caused to the environment
This powerful cleaning product combines excellent cleaning results, reduced environmental impact and an increased level of health and safety, all while creating a safe, pleasant environment for clients and their employees.